Saturday, September 27, 2008

The dearth of text and writings over the last fortnight resulted mainly from the ending of two projects and being sick for the last week or so. Flu will always be my Achilles heel... two days of staring up at the ceiling and feeling my grey matter have been packed in nothing but cotton wool; another three days of trying to make it through before going to seek consultation with the medical professional for the third time this week to get the prescription right. (The first did not understand the extent of my sickness and prescribed me with something I would have given myself on a slightly off day, the second gave me stronger meds but thought it would be better to leave out the antibiotics - boy was he wrong; the third finally caved in and gave me stronger medication and the anti biotic)

Amidst my agony and nasal voice, I did manage to catch a bit of the Biennale at City Hall and South Beach encampment. Hopefully I will be well enough to catch the other sites later on. Of the two sites, I have to say that South Beach seemed to work best - a derelict building but yet the works selected for the space seemed consistent with the theme and edgy enough to allow the audience to be flexible in their interpretation of "wonder" - granted it wasn't such a wonder-ful theme after all.

IMG_4248

IMG_4239

IMG_4255

IMG_4257

IMG_4272

IMG_4287

IMG_4286

IMG_4294

IMG_4297

IMG_4301

IMG_4320

No comments: