Saturday, August 23, 2008

The obsession

IMG_3934

I never realized exactly how many pens I actually have - since they come to me individually until someone asked me over a meal one day.

"How many pens do you have?"

"8."

And an elliptical silence descends on the topic.

Really. Is it that scary.

"You only have one hand to write with, ya know, not 8."

Well.. I rotate them. I use about 3 in a day - depending on the inks I filled them with. And perhaps, the particular mood that would define the use between a medium and a fine.

IMG_3941

The paltry line up form Bottom up
Hero 616, Hero 336, Pelikan M100, Waterman Expert, Lamy 2000 (A personal favourite at this point of time), Pelikan M250 (got it as a steak and introduction to Pelikan pens and the ubiquitous Lamy Safari (Still one of my everyday pens)

Unlike my other collections, there seemed quite a high possibility that I will be expanding on this soon and quick. I'm just looking for a good way to store these babes and perhaps throw in a few more different bottles of ink.

1 comment:

Silvergold said...

Hello! I found your blog whilst searching for pictures of the Waterman Expert pen, which I am getting as a Christmas present :) I will also be getting a Pelikan 200, so it's really good to find your photo as it gives me an idea of the size of the Waterman compared to other pens. Thanks for posting it! And happy writing to you :)

Anna in the UK x